Next: Related Work
Up: Engineering Ontologies (short version)
In comparing the contents, design principles and application of the
PHYSSYS ontology with related work, we will consider several
- Domain theories concerning physical systems and engineering
embodied in the ontology.
- Top-level, general `super'theories (as we have called them)
incorporated in the ontology.
- The relationship of domain ontologies to tasks and
problem-solving methods (method-oriented ontologies).
- Constructive aspects of ontologies, and in particular the notion
of minimum ontological commitment as a design principle.
- The role of ontologies in the knowledge engineering process.
Fri Sep 27 13:28:43 MET DST 1996