Re: Abstract and status of Internet draft for HTML 2.0?

Daniel W. Connolly (connolly@hal.com)
Fri, 11 Nov 94 11:15:44 EST

In message <9411110629.aa05952@paris.ics.uci.edu>, "Roy T. Fielding" writes:
>Dan Connolly writes:

>>> The current draft HTML specification <URL:http://www.hal.com/
>>> %7Fconnolly/html-spec/spyglass-19941014/html-19941014.txt.Z>
>>
>> Eric: could you send the 19941014 HTML draft to the internet draft
>> editor?
>
>Yikes, no, please don't do that. That version has substantial errors
>that were fixed in the editorial review.

Is the new version available somewhere? Until it is, the current
version ought to be on file in the internet drafts, no? I got a
request just the other day asking how to cite to the HTML 2.0
spec in a scholarly document.

Maybe I'm confused, but I thought it was common practice to submit
early drafts of specs as internet drafts. A lot of drafts go through
-01, -02, ... -05 drafts before becoming RFC's.

I just find it awkward that we can't refer to the current HTML
spec even as an internet draft.

Dan