Re: Comment delimiters

Terry Allen (terry@ora.com)
Tue, 15 Nov 94 16:55:24 EST

Joe English writes:
> For that matter, I don't know that it is even
> important to note that space is allowed between
> the terminal -- and >. But hey, I'm sure somebody
> will think it is important.

Browser writers will.

======

To which I reply that I agree with Murray entirely, we can't cover
the whole SGML spec in this document, this is a reasonable piece
of guidance to give to writers, and most importantly, browser
writers should study the SGML spec for SGML parsing details or
outsource their code for handling SGML.

Regards,

--
Terry Allen  (terry@ora.com)   O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
Editor, Digital Media Group    Sebastopol, Calif., 95472