Date: Tue, 22 Nov 94 21:45:26 EST
From: "Richard H.C. Seabrook" <seabrook@clark.net>
To: Multiple recipients of list <html-wg@oclc.org>
Subject: Support for voice generation

I'm new to the field and so appologize in advance for putting my foot
in my mouth but --
-- has anyone thought of including a way in HTML for inserting optional
prosodic markers before important text elements? I envision a string
of "/____-__-___\" or something like that to tell a voice gen browser
how to inflect the next phrase (rather than using it's defaults),
thus identifying links in the document for those who can't see
the screen.
I imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to come up with a short
list of recommended prosidic marker defaults for most common text
elements...
Thanks!
Dick S.

| seabrook@clark.net _ Anne Arundel Community College |
| (410)541-2424 <>:-) Computer Science |