Re: Input areas in <select> & <option>

Dirk Herr-Hoyman (hoymand@gate.net)
Fri, 9 Dec 94 14:20:28 EST

At 6:34 PM 12/9/94, Daniel W. Connolly wrote:
>I have to admit I'm not very familiar with forms, their usage, and
>implementation. Could somebody out there hack around with adding
>exlusion exceptions to the DTD until they're satisfied that it
>reflects reality? I recommend Earl Hood's dtd2html as a way to
>visualize the results.

I don't want to get the discussion too far off track here, but this does
raise a question as to which IETF WG is responsible for WWW forms. Now,
Dan is asking for a check as to the syntax of the HTML, which is right and
proper for this WG. Who is responsible for the semantics? Clearly, this
is not an HTML issue. I'm not sure that it's an HTTP issue, since a form
could be delivered to multiple protocols or even executed locally. This is
more of a "WWW browser interaction with the outside environment" issue.

Since there is a proposal for forms enhancement that was at least submitted
to this list, I thought my question would be an appropriate one here.

--
Dirk Herr-Hoyman <hoymand@gate.net> |          I tried to contain myself
CyberBeach Publishing               |                                but