Re: textured backgrounds

Richard_J_McWaters@ccmail.ed.ray.com
Wed, 18 Jan 95 08:57:19 EST

Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 08:07 -0500 (EST)
From: pflynn@curia.ucc.ie
Subject: Re: textured backgrounds
To: "Richard J McWaters%RAY_EDSUD_D"@ccmail.ed.ray.com, html-wg@oclc.org

I agree with Peter that I don't want have to use someone else's background. If
the person were really clever, they could write an obscene message that only
certain color blind people would see. :/)

There is the *potential* for something meaningful in a background, but I can't
think of any examples. Why not give the option at the client for a usable
background (solving Netscape gray). This should work like display/not display
inline images.