Browser writers and typography

Murray Maloney (murray@sco.COM)
Sun, 22 Jan 95 16:46:54 EST

Peter Flynn writes (in another thread):

> And while I'm on the soapbox, can we try to educate browser-writers
> about typography? Last time I looked, NCSA Mosaic still broke a line
> at a start-tag such as <em>, if this falls at a line-end, even if it
> is in the middle of a word! The TYPO-L list is not there for nothing!
>
> ///Peter

I have to agree with Peter on the need for typography training
for Browser writers. However, I'd like to take the next step
and offer any assistance I can -- by way of advice or answering
questions -- to other members of this mailing list.

I am clear that I am but one of many experts in the art or science
-- depending on your point-of-view, and how recently you've had
to use WordStar -- of typography.

I suspect that others will add their offers of assistance.

Murray

Murray C. Maloney Internet: murray@sco.com
Technical Publications Writer/Architect Uucp: ...uunet!sco!murray
SCO Canada, Inc. My Phone: (416) 960-4031
130 Bloor Street West, 10th Floor Fax: (416) 922-2704
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 1N5 SCO Phone: (416) 922-1937
Disclaimer: I'm speaking for myself. 'T ain't nobody else to blame but me.
Sponsor member of Davenport Group (ftp://ftp.ora.com/pub/davenport/)
Member of IETF HTML Working Group (http://www.hal.com/%7Econnolly/html-spec/)
Member of SGML Open Internet and WWW Technical Committee