Re: Review comments re. HTML V2 draft of March 29

Paul Burchard (burchard@horizon.math.utah.edu)
Mon, 10 Apr 95 16:19:45 EDT

David - Morris <dwm@shell.portal.com> writes:
> 12. Page 30 - TYPE=CHECKBOX last paragraph states:
> The default value for checkboxes is "on".
> Surely that should read either "off" or "unselected".

Actually, it should read:

The default value for a _selected_ checkbox is "on".
An unselected checkbox always has a null value,
independent of the VALUE attribute.

> 1) The SIZE= attribute has two different meanings:
> <input type=text... visible size of the field
> <select ... depth of the field (number of rows)

It's just too late for such a change (not that it wouldn't be nice
to have a clean slate for FORMs :-).

Your other comments on the FORM spec are good.

Paul Burchard <burchard@math.utah.edu>
``I'm still learning how to count backwards from infinity...''