Re: Widths in tables

Murray Maloney (murray@sco.COM)
Tue, 25 Apr 95 21:26:09 EDT

> This should be documented as meaning "big points" (Adobe "points") of
> exactly 72 to the inch rather than standard Anglo-American printers
> points of 72.27 to the inch (or indeed continental European Didot
> points).

> I would stay away from calling picas "pi". I know it is the common
> abbreviation in printing, but it will only serve to confuse the user,
> who will equate it with 3.142...why not use "pc" as in TeX (or would
> that get confused with desktop computers? :-)

Better yet, how about "pica"? I mean, really, four characters
is not such an onerous burden.