Re: DP attribute - correct overrides?

David - Morris (dwm@shell.portal.com)
Wed, 26 Apr 95 14:56:10 EDT

On Wed, 26 Apr 1995, Dave Raggett wrote:

> On subsequent lines you use <tab to=t1> followed by a number (or string).
> If the number (or string) contains a matching char (in this case a ".")
> then the tab acts to center the matching char at named position, otherwise
> the tab acts like a tab right to the named position. That is the number is
> aligned flush right to the named position. For tables with cells aligned on
> designated character, the <tab to=t1> is implied at the start of each line.
> Note that the procedure doesn't have any special knowledge of numbers.

I think we are saying the same thing but "flush right to the named
position" doesn't feel quite precise to me (which is no doubt my flaw).
Perhaps it comes from hours a day trying to correlate mouse cursors with
characters ;-:). Let me try a picture:

1

valu.fra
nomatch

That is what I think we both mean where the "named position" is the
exact point of zero width that the tab is set at. Probably clear to
all but me.

Dave