moderating this list

weibel@oclc.org
Fri, 5 May 95 16:49:10 EDT

> | That it's high time this list [html-wg] be moderated.
>
> Hear hear! As a mostly passive observer and ordinary user, I would
> feel much more comfortable contributing if I knew there was a
> moderator stopping me if I got off track.

It's not practical to moderate an IETF Working Group mailing list; it
would probably be a violation of the spirit of IETF groups to do so,
and in any case, no one with the expertise to do so could possibly have
the time, and the time lag introduced would compromise the debate.

If you have the slightest fear of getting off track or out of scope,
let this be your signal... do not post! I only wish more would show
such restraint.

flames to me, please, not the list... we've had more than enough off
topic noise lately.

stu, who's feeling very cranky indeed today. have a good weekend.