Re: format nego in HTML/10646?

Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
Tue, 9 May 95 14:07:29 EDT

dwm@shell.portal.com writes:

> Yes, that would satisfy me! I want the standard to be clear that it
> isn't acceptable to lose content either explictly or as LarryM
> illustrated by turning it into a useless character string. With the
> above or even simply leaving 

Let's get focused here: which parts of the HTML 2.0 spec do you
want changed? What wording would you suggest?

The HTML 2.0 spec is extrordinarily clear about how an HTML user agent
should process each of the ISO Latin 1 characters. See:

The ISO Latin 1 Character Repertoire
http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/MarkUp/html-spec/html-spec_5.html#SEC32

It says very little about how each of the ISO10646 characters should
be processed, and I for one would like to keep it that way. I'm eager
to see all the I18N issues explained in detail, but not in this
document.

Dan