Re: Tables and Charts

Murray Altheim (murray.altheim@nttc.edu)
Fri, 7 Jul 1995 17:01:36 -0400

Chris Tilbury (Chris.Tilbury@estate.warwick.ac.uk) wrote:
[well written call for keeping HTML simple...]
>In my mind, there is no need to alter the HTML markup elements in
>order to fulfill the charting requirements - leave it as-is.
>Stylesheets provide us with all we need, and they keep it out of the
>actual HTML standard, which is a Real Good Thing, IMHO. :-)

I wish everyone felt the way you do. I'm still waiting for:

<KITCHEN SINK aroma="food.cheese.gouda">ad for AT&T</KITCHEN SINK>

which would render it in three dimensions, put on your VR glasses for you
and insert the content into your head *permanently* in 17.4 point
SemiBoldItalic Palatino, color = 20967 25446 65535, fully justified and
kerned slightly toward Mars. Oh, and you'd smell a faint aroma of mild
cheese, unless your browser had that option turned off (that would be
aroma=FALSE in Netscape).

Of course, with lynx, it would be rendered: "ad for AT&T"

Huzzah (insert similar ejaculation).

Not that anybody will necessarily notice, but I'll be in the mountains for
the next two weeks, unresponsive to anything but cold beer and black flies.

Murray

Now it is day. The sun is up. Now is the time for all dogs to get up.
"Get up!" It is day. Time to get going. Go, dogs. Go!
-- Dr. Seuss
Murray M. Altheim, Information Systems Analyst
National Technology Transfer Center, Wheeling, West Virginia, USA
email: murray.altheim@nttc.edu