Re: Tables and Charts

Chris Tilbury (C.J.Tilbury@estate.warwick.ac.uk)
Fri, 7 Jul 1995 17:22:27 BST

On 7 Jul 95 at 10:07, Benjamin C. W. Sittler wrote:

> At least in my opinion, there should probably be a few CLASSes of
> some HTML elements with *suggested* renderings, like <NOTE
> CLASS=WARNING>, <TABLE CLASS=2dpie>, etc. These would be
> suggestions, not hard-wired defaults, and UA authors would be under
> no compulsion to implement them.

CLASS=WARNING

conveys some indication about the information content of the
element.

CLASS=2dpie

gives precisely no indication about the information content of the
element; rather, it conveys information about the visual appearance
(or what we'd like it to be, anyway) of the element, which is not
what HTML is all about.

Ciao,

Chris

--
Chris.Tilbury@estate.warwick.ac.uk; MIME Mail Welcome
Tel: +44 1203 523523x2665, Fax: +44 1203 524444