Re: Pointer: The Superhighway Steamroller

miked@CERF.NET (Michael A. Dolan)
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 1994 19:38:03 +0200
Sender: www-talk@www0.cern.ch
From: miked@CERF.NET (Michael A. Dolan)
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: Re: Pointer: The Superhighway Steamroller
At 10:40 AM 6/26/94 +0200, Frederick G.M. Roeber wrote:
>Michael Hart, Director of the Gutenberg Project, just posted an interesting
>article to bit.listserv.gutnberg (well, he sent it to his mailing list,
which is
>gatewayed).  In it, he argues basically that WWW isn't cost-effective whereas
>plain ascii on floppy disks is.
>
>The article is copyrighted and reposting is explicitly forbidden, but I can
>refer to it:

My news feed (the University of California system Internet hub for the
southern part of California) neither recognizes this article, nor the news
group referenced above.  Is there a public news server where I might find
this article posted (or any one that will let me connect) ?

Tim - if there is such a host, what would a globally-valid URI look like ?  :-)

        Mike
Michael A. Dolan - miked@cerfnet.com
TerraByte Technology (619) 445-9070