Re: Two Webs?

Nick Arnett (nicka@mccmedia.com)
Wed, 20 Jul 1994 02:27:28 +0200

At 11:45 PM 7/19/94 +0200, Brandon Plewe wrote:

>I'm sorry if my post didn't belong here. I thought this list dealt with the
>conceptual future of the Web as well as technical implementation issues.
>
>Doesn't it?

If it doesn't, I don't!

I just posted a long piece on this basic subject, but I'll toss in my glib
one, too. If HTTP *is* the Web, then there are already a bunch of Webs,
given that the browsers support Gopher, ftp, news, mailto, etc.

My other message contains my positive comments... ;-)

Nick

Multimedia Computing Corp.
Campbell, California
"We are surrounded by insurmountable opportunity." -- Pogo