Re: ***** Freehand .eps to .gif ??

Christopher Allen (ChristopherA@consensus.com)
Mon, 8 Aug 1994 20:27:57 +0200

At 11:19 AM 8/5/94, Steve Maybo wrote:
>Sorry in advance if this posting is out of place......I'm looking for a
>utility that can convert MAC .eps files from Aldus Freehand to .tif, .gif,
>or .bmp format.
>
>Any ideas ??

The best I've found so far is a combination of Adobe Photoshop and a
shareware program called epsConverter 1.0 (I just found it on America
Online so I don't have a URL to an FTP source for it yet.)

Basically epsConverter will convert any eps file (freehand, mac, pc, etc.)
to an Illustrator 3.1 file, which Photoshop can import. Then change mode to
indexed color (8-bit, system pallette) and save as a CompuServe GIF, and it
will work great with WWW/Mosaic.

.Christopher Allen Consensus Development Corporation..
.<ChristopherA@consensus.com> 4104-24th Street #419..
. San Francisco, CA 94114-3615..
. o415/647-6383 f415/647-6384..
.*NEW* Mosaic/WWW Home Page: ..