Re: Club Internet en France...

Nigel Willson (N.Willson@frso.bull.fr)
Wed, 28 Sep 1994 14:37:42 +0100

> Your announcement is inappropriate for the www-announce mailing list.
> This mailing list is for the announcement of new World-Wide Web
> sites/pages. Your commercial solicitation has nothing to do with the Web
> so far as I can see and nothing to do with www-announce since there's no
> Web URL for Club Internet en France.
>
> Please be more careful in future where you send your announcements.

David,

I think you "jumped the gun" so to speak with your admonition. Club
Internet is 100% based on the World-Wide Web! :-) It is constructed
from a distributed set of Web servers many of which are provided by
sponsoring companies and linked into the club. Our "commercial
solicitation", as you call it, was merely a pre-announcement to seek
those wishing to contribute to the club.

The reason our Web URL has not been announced is because it does not
open for access until 1995 and thus is not yet available to be accessed.
The club will have a large area with free access and a subscriber only
area.

I hope this clears up both yours and everyone else's misconception about
our announcement -- we have been inundated!

Our apologies for any confusion or disappointment that the URL is not
yet public -- watch the newspapers for that snippet -- not this space!

Nigel Willson.