Re: simple example of how to retrieve raw HTML using libwww

Henrik Frystyk Nielsen (frystyk@ptsun00.cern.ch)
Sun, 6 Nov 1994 12:06:41 +0100

Henry Minsky wrote:

> Am I the only one who finds the documentation on the CERN libwww
> library less than useful? I am having a great deal of trouble figuring
> out how to do something which should be very simple.

I am glad for your interest in the Common Code Library! However, I
think that you critic is a bit unfair - but I must admit - not
completely untrue!

Have you looked at the paper about the library written for the Chicago
conference? This is supposed to give you an overview of the
capabilities of the library. This is available from

http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/Library/Status.html

We try to keep the overview documentation separate on our info server
but the detailes are written in the html files in the source code
directory. At compile time they are converted into h files, and hence
we are guaranteed consistency between the detailed documentation and
the source code itself. This information is available from

http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/Library/Implementation.html

Here you find a quite detailed description of the functions you should
use in order to do what you want (look into the HTAccess.html module)

The Library evolves all the time and so does the documentation - we are
always happy to get feedback from you at

libwww@info.cern.ch

-- cheers --

Henrik