Re: Netscape license

Marc Andreessen (marca@neon.mcom.com)
Thu, 24 Nov 1994 11:10:40 +0100

Our current intent is to do so, but absolutely do not consider that
to be a binding commitment. I also will not guarantee that
the free and for-$$$ versions won't diverge at some point in the
future (almost certainly not for 1.0, though). What happens post-1.0
will mostly be determined by market and business factors over the next
few years.

Free client distribution (again, for personal, educational, and research
use, roughly stated) is a core part of both the philosophy and the
business model of the company, and has several very strong motivating
reasons behind it, and we take it very seriously.

Cheers,
Marc

--
Marc Andreessen