Factors contributing to the success of groupware systems
Electronic Mail is an example of a successful groupware :
Groupware is successful when
- subordinates can benefit from using the system
This motivates more users to use the system.
- Anyone who has a message to communicate has to do extra work in
typing out the message.
- its operation is compatible with social practices
- People can apply social conventions to the conversational
format of mail message
- the system is flexible to use
- The asychronous, informal nature of electronic mail makes
it flexible to use
Please mail comment to :
Last updated on March 17, 1995