Re: HTML Scalability

David - Morris (dwm@shell.portal.com)
Tue, 24 Jan 95 03:16:00 EST

On Mon, 23 Jan 1995, Joe English wrote:

> Some other options to consider:
>
> Define a single recursive <DIV> element instead of multiple <DIVn>s --
..
> I don't think much is gained by having distinct elements
> for different division levels, other than making end-tag omission
..
This sounds great to me! Two suggestions: a) Some form of style sheet
or other specification for 'outter' division level when a document/html
source is the initial document entered. b) Some optional ability to
skip one or more relative levels... like using H2 and H4 without H3
because the author feels that is the right structural relationship
between the DIVisions. <DIV LVL="+2" ...> for example.

Dave Morris