Language Tags

Roy T. Fielding (fielding@avron.ICS.UCI.EDU)
Thu, 9 Feb 95 17:36:04 EST

My apologies for cross-posting this, but it does apply to both standards.

Albert Lunde wrote:

> In any case, I think the language attribute should have the same
> allowed values as the language/dialect in the HTTP Accept-Language and
> Content-Language headers.

This has been changed for HTTP/1.0. We will now be using the language tag
defined in <draft-ietf-mailext-lang-tag-02.txt> which will (hopefully) soon
be an RFC. A full URL is
<http://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mailext-lang-tag-02.txt>
Since it uses ISO 639 as primary tags, it should be compatible with current
usage of language names.

.....Roy Fielding ICS Grad Student, University of California, Irvine USA
<fielding@ics.uci.edu>
<URL:http://www.ics.uci.edu/dir/grad/Software/fielding>