<BR align=xxx>

Joe English (joe@trystero.art.com)
Wed, 22 Feb 95 11:56:43 EST

On comp.infosystems.www.misc,
in article <wmperryyqquxyrzxxd@monolith.spry.com>,
wmperry@monolith.spry.com wrote:

> As of the latest HTML 3.0 draft, you can do: <br align=xxx> to
> affect the line/paragraph immediately before the <br>. Personally, I
> think this is a little odd, but what the heck.

I think this is a little odd, too...

Is letting an element change the presentation
of text that *precedes* it a good idea? Is
it even a useful feature? Doesn't this go against
the principles of structured markup? Won't it
wreak havoc with DSSSL-Lite based implementations?

--Joe English

joe@trystero.art.com

[ Is the www-html mailing list down? I've tried
twice to send this message there instead of html-wg,
but it keeps bouncing. ]