Re: Client-Side Scripts

Dave Raggett (dsr@hplb.hpl.hp.com)
Thu, 09 Mar 95 10:25:40 GMT

> "Dave Raggett" <dsr@hplb.hpl.hp.com> writes:
>> Some people have suggested Safe-TCL but I advocate a way
>> that lets us duck choosing a single scripting language by
>> instead defining a portable virtual machine (vm) that
>> the scripts are dynamically compiled into.

> So, this is the politically feasible way to choose a single scripting
> language -- call it a "portable virtual machine". :-) At long last,
> a constructive use of marketing!

Actually this misses the idea that you can send precompiled code to
any platform - the language binding is only a matter for the authoring
environment.

-- Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org> tel: +44 117 922 8046 fax: +44 117 922 8924
Hewlett Packard Laboratories, Filton Road, Bristol BS12 6QZ, United Kingdom