W3C HTML 2.0 materials [was: progress on HTML 2.0 reconstruction]

Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
Wed, 29 Mar 95 14:12:20 EST

Roy T. Fielding writes:
> I am about a day late in terms of progress, but you can now see
> what it is I'm doing (and have done) to make the draft more usable
> as a specification. You can see my change notes at
>
> http://www.ics.uci.edu/~fielding/html/

Three cheers for Roy!

Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!
Hip Hip Hooray!

The work he's done should make it easy for me to take over maintenance
of the spec, though I'm not signing up for anything until the upcoming
IETF, WWW3, and WebWorld conferences are over.

In the mean time...

OK... I've updated some of the HTML 2.0 Specification Review
materails: mostly I just updated the signature and checked all
the links. See:

HTML 2.0 Specification Review Materials
$Id: index.html,v 1.33 1995/03/29 18:55:42 connolly Exp $
http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/MarkUp/html-spec/index.html

I also updated the DTD ever so slightly (just changed my email address
and fixed a typo in the META comments). See:

HTML 2.0 Public Text
$Id: html-pubtext.html,v 1.8 1995/03/29 18:55:45 connolly Exp $
http://www.w3.org/hypertext/WWW/MarkUp/html-spec/html-pubtext.html

More to follow...

Dan