Re: HTML table model suggestion

Paul Grosso (paul@arbortext.com)
Fri, 31 Mar 95 07:43:18 EST

> From: Bert Bos <bert@let.rug.nl>
>
> PPS. I don't understand the meaning of AXIS and AXES, aren't they
> redundant? Dave, can you explain please?

The AXIS and AXES attributes are useful for ICADD handling of the table.

What I failed to mention explicitly in my earlier message about tables
is that we *do* want to do what's necessary to accommodate ICADD needs.
I did *not* include that in my earlier proposal only because I am not
the expert in that area and because the current CALS model hasn't yet
been augmented for ICADD, but SGML Open does support the need for
including what's necessary for ICADD access to tables.

paul

Paul Grosso
VP Research, ArborText, Inc.
and