Re: HTML/SGML/charsets

Dan Connolly (connolly@w3.org)
Fri, 31 Mar 95 14:45:44 EST

Eric W. Sink writes:

> My recollection is that the group felt that the standard SGML mechanism for
> specifying document character sets would conflict with the standard
> Internet Media Type mechanism for doing the same.

I understand that you believe that the group believes there's a conflict.
I cannot argue this.

WHAT IS THE PERCEIVED CONFLICT? If you spell out the technical details
of the perceived conflict, I am confident that I can dispell the perception.

You might try to cite an example, supported by text from the
respective specifications. I think you will find it impossible.

Dan