Re: forms question

Kumaraswamy Subramanian (subra@nd.edu)
Fri, 19 Aug 1994 17:12:50 +0200

On Fri, 19 Aug 1994, S. HAYLES wrote:

> Christian Mogensen writes:
>
> [ stuff deleted ]
>
> You could use hidden fields in the form to store status
> eg
> <input type="hidden" name="status" value="put status info here ">
>
> I've made this work quite well in a search screen. If you need lots
> of status you can of course add more hidden fields - status1, status2
> etc.

This is really a slick feature which I wasn't aware of so far. Is this
an undocumented feature ? This is not mentioned in the FORMs overview document
(http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/SDG/Software/Mosaic/Docs/fill-out-forms/overview.html)
Is there any other document out there with these kind of features?

Is the INPUT tag with TYPE= "hidden" respected by the Mosaic clients other
than Xmosaic?

Thanks for the info!
> Steven
> Steven Hayles - Computer System Developer, STILE Project
> University of Leicester, University Rd, Leicester, LE1 7RH
> Tel (0116) 2522557 Fax (0116) 2523604 Email sh23@le.ac.uk
> X.400 S=sh23; O=Leicester; P=uk.ac; C=GB

Subra

Subramanian Kumaraswamy Voice: (219) 631-8590
Office of Univ. Computing e-mail:subra@nd.edu
Univ. of Notre Dame FAX:(219) 631-9283
Notre Dame IN 46556