Re: File upload in HTML forms

Steven D. Majewski (sdm7g@virginia.edu)
Thu, 29 Sep 1994 07:19:15 +0100

On Thu, 29 Sep 1994, Reed Wade wrote:

> Suppose I want to provide access to a fortran to C
> converter over the web? This often requires uploading
> a number of files.
>
> A remote compiler is another example.

A PERFECT example of a "batch" application!

E-mailing a program to the compiler-server would be sufficient
response time. I suggest an alternate *postal* interface that
accepts express mail delivery of hollerith punch cards and sends
pack either puched deck output, or paper (with green strips).

Old IBMers and computer nostalgia buffs like myself would flock
to use the service. ( Any chance of putting up an Intercal
compile server ? )

:-)

-- Steve Majewski (804-982-0831) <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU> --
-- UVA Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics --
-- Box 449 Health Science Center Charlottesville,VA 22908 --
[ Sorry - I couldn't resist! ]