Linux-Activists - GCC Channel digest. 94-9-19-6:33

Linux Activists (linux-activists@niksula.hut.fi)
Thu, 20 Oct 1994 16:15:24 +0100

Topics:
Ready for 100% ELF?

From: adam@adam.yggdrasil.com (Adam J. Richter)
Subject: Ready for 100% ELF?
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 1994 18:52:00 +0200

Question: is there anything left in Linux that requires non-ELF
binaries. In particular, do we still need non-ELF binaries to build:

(a) the kernel, and
(b) dynamicly loadable libraries for the Andrew system.

I know that andrew can be built under SCO Unix, so I would
assume that there already is an ELF or COFF version of the andrew
dynamically loadable libraries somewhere in the andrew source tree.
I'm just wondering if people have actually done either of these
things yet.

Adam J. Richter Yggdrasil Computing, Incorporated
(408) 261-6630 "Free Software For The Rest of Us."

End of GCC Digest
-------