Re: CENTER element [Was: Netscape & New HTML]

Lou Montulli (montulli@strumpet.mcom.com)
Fri, 28 Oct 1994 05:20:52 +0100

On Oct 27, 9:05am, Kee Hinckley wrote:
> Subject: Re: CENTER element [Was: Netscape & New HTML]
>
> > That's not true. The original CERN spec, which BTW never included
> > a DTD, specified <p> as a paragraph separator and never had a </p>.
> > Trying to make <p> into a container now IS rewritting history and
> > breaks many current implementations, and in my opionion is a very
>
> What implementations does it break? I haven't seen any problems.

Lynx is one. It adds all sorts of white space where there shouldn't
be any whitespace. It makes documents look terrible when a <p> isn't
used as a paragraph seperator the way it was originally designed to be used.

--
Lou Montulli                       http://mosaic.mcom.com/people/montulli/
Mozilla Development Team      It's spelled 'Netscape', it's pronouced 'Mozilla'