Re: HTML Validation Form [Was: Nesting of HTML elements ]

Tony Sanders (sanders@bsdi.com)
Tue, 1 Nov 1994 16:17:39 +0100

Jared_Rhine@hmc.edu writes:
> is ostensibly to allow safe passage through gateways. I've asked a couple
> of times on this list for specific instances of situations where tilde will
> get corrupted, but have never received a reply. I'm taking that to mean
Some versions of EBCDIC corrupt it. Also I believe there were problems a
while back with some proxy/cache systems because they disagreed on what
~ meant. Check the archives for specifics.

I would much prefer to see something like /home/user/ anyway. Pure
DOS/Windows/MAC users aren't going to have a clue what ~ means and
/home fits in with "home page".