(no subject)

Tony Sanders (sanders@earth.com)
Thu, 3 Nov 1994 05:27:34 +0100

"Robert A. Lentz" writes:
> Paul Phillips writes:
> > On Wed, 2 Nov 1994, anthony baxter wrote:
> > > I'm dreading the day where pages are just one large imagemap gif of the
> > > page, exactly as the provider wants it to look.
> >
> > No no, one large imagemap jpeg. Scarcity of resources and all that...
Yeah, and it will look horrible on millions of screens where the aspect
ratio doesn't match, the user doesn't have enough colors, and on
high-resolution screens where their "20 point font" is 1cm high.
Not to mention all the text-only clients.

Of course, the market will decide what wins and what doesn't. If the
"gif/jpeg" pages are slow and ugly then nobody will read them.