Re: An alarming trend in METHOD=POST forms (an FYI)

James Pitkow (pitkow@cc.gatech.edu)
Sat, 5 Nov 1994 06:59:04 +0100

On Sat, 5 Nov 1994 01:45:07 +0100 Tony Sanders wrote:

> URL or else the WWW model will begin to break down. Users must be careful
> in the way they use METHOD=POST and perhaps the whole issue needs to be
> carefully re-examined. Or perhaps there needs to be an extended encoding

The issue also rests on WWW browser developers. Several browsers
can not handle URL's longer the xxx characters nor documents with more
than yyy number of embedded widgets. Further, I prefer having the option
of both methods being available to suit different application needs.

Jim.