Re: HTML Specs.

Steve H Rose (habib@world.std.com)
Wed, 9 Nov 1994 21:26:51 +0100

On Wed, 9 Nov 1994, Sten-Roger Sandvik wrote:

> Hello... I am looking for some documentation (beginner and advanced) on
> developing HTML documents. I want this documentation in solid form like
> a PS file or a book of some sort... not in hypertext format!
>
> Thanx in advance
> Sten Roger Sandvik, srs@alkymi.unit.no

There are several texts which are in the publication process, due out
arount January or so. I don't have the titles/publishers handy, and,
since they are not available yet, don't think you would necessarily
benefit from the information. But, if you simply _must_ have it, please
email me directly, and I will attempt to track them down.

I am currently developing a course to teach HTML (in conjunction with
Cogent Technology Training: cogent@halcyon.com). I have found that
several of the hypertext primers are useful (albeit not nearly AS useful)
if printed out. You need a WWW browser to get at the information in the
first place, as far as I know, but once it is in the browser, you could
print it out. Both of primers below have a lot of valuable material in a
few large files.

NCSA's: "A Beginner's Guide to HTML"
http://www.ncsa.uiuc.edu/General/Internet/WWW/HTMLPrimer.html

Peter Flynn's: "How to write HTML files"
http://kcgl1.eng.ohio-state.edu/www/doc/htmldoc.html

yours,

Steve Habib Rose
Clear Nets Training and Consulting