Frames & WWW (fwd)

Joel A Crisp (Joel.Crisp@bristol.ac.uk)
Fri, 11 Nov 1994 10:08:50 +0100

Forwarded message:
> Sender: www-talk@www0.cern.ch
> From: Mikhail Popov <popov@sunct0.jinr.dubna.su>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
> Subject: Frames & WWW
>

> W3 it seems good, hyper-text + graphics... but, I think, for real
> presentations need extension of browser and html lang by frames
>
> Frames should solve following:
>
> a. possibility to reload part of the page, not next document
> b. possibility to make-up page and browse it as-is
> o mixed fonts families
> o fixed geometry
> o e.t.c.
>
> c. possibility to have complex forms + heavy graphics
> d. ...

> ------------
> Mikhail Popov

This is also something we are interested in, with regard to zoned
screens for computer based learning material.
However, I mentioned this to Simon at the conference, and he said that
they were already looking at something like this for HTML Level 3. I suggest
that followups get sent to html-talk rather than this newsgroup.

Joel

--
Joel Crisp                           joel@asmodeus.demon.co.uk ( Linux/33 )
Multi-Media Technical Support for Bristol Uni.     Joel.Crisp@bristol.ac.uk