Re: URL return

wmperry@spry.com
Fri, 9 Dec 1994 20:23:39 +0100

Jim Meritt writes:

>Is there an app that, when given a URL, returns the source document?
>There must have been something like that already developed and I really do
>not want to re-invent the wheel.

You can do this with emacs and the package url.el. The next major
release will have the ability to just do a 'find-file' on a URL and pop it
up in an editing buffer. Once HTTP/1.0 has the proper stuff hammered into
it, you will be able to edit files on remote web servers using emacs.

The url.el package will work under: Most flavors of unix, Windows
(3.1/3.11/NT/Chicago), OS/2 and the Amiga.

-Bill P.