CPSC 451 Customer Group 6
Flin Flon Airlines
Overall Design Document Comments:
We at Flin Flon Airlines were pleased to read the overall design document for the ATICS project. While many of our concerns have been addressed we feel it is necessary to clarify a few points with you before we go ahead with the system.
- Modify Booking
- From the description we assume that this is used for both new bookings and changing bookings, though this is not obvious from the function's name.
- Destination and Departure - We are concerned that this section is incomplete as there is no reference made to a departure location. As we wish to be able to book customers on round trips, and not all flights originate in Flin Flon, so we need to be able to specify a departure location as well as date and time.
- Seat Selection - We must point out that there are center seats on some of our planes(which are non-aisle, non-window) and you have not specified how these will be identified. We have also noted that there is no reference to the class the seat is in, in the seat number you have specified, please clarify this for us if class is kept track of in another way.
- Query Flight/Passenger Information
- As searching for flights or passengers is not an exact process, we are concerned that this system will not provide us with the searching functionality we require. If the operator does not have the full name of a passenger, or is unable to spell it completely correctly they should be able to use some sort of inexact search, scrolling through a list of possibilities, or using wildcards(such as '*') to find the information easily.
- Please make error messages as specific as possible, "Sorry, the destination ________ is unknown or there is no flight available to that destination. Please check your input again." is ambiguous.
- Issue Boarding Passes
- Please include date, destination and departure information as well as special requirements on the boarding pass.
- Issue Refunds
- Please provide confirmation of the rebooking on screen to ensure the correct flight was selected.
- Cancel a Booking
- This function seems to be missing from the design. If a booking is canceled a full refund should be issued if they have given reasonable notice.
- As mentioned above we wish to book flights that depart from places other than Flin Flon, as we need to be able to book round trips.
- Booking Agents
- Passwords - Should be modifiable by the booking agent, not just administration. Also, please clarify the password configuration, is it up to 10 characters, or exactly ten, and why only made up of only letters?
- Please clarify, do we create individual aircraft or aircraft types, as we have several identical planes which we would prefer not to have to enter individually.
As always we prefer to keep the lines of communication open, so if you have any questions or would like to further discuss any of these issues please feel free to contact us. We look forward to continuing our relationship with Jury Systems Design Inc.
Last Updated: February 14, 1996