How Microcosm Works
- In a Microcosm system the user interacts with document viewers
- There are 3 different types of viewers:
- fully aware
- partially aware
- Viewers enable the users to interpret the different media such as
video and sound.
- When a viewer sends a selection or action to perform, such as
following a link, the action is sent through a series of filters to
find the appropriate link.
- The links work much in the same way as an HTML viewer but they are
imposed on the documents when viewed rather than being stored in the
- The links can be stored as active buttons in display areas.
Back to Microcosm page