Re: REL and REV standard?

Tim Berners-Lee (timbl@quag.lcs.mit.edu)
Tue, 15 Nov 94 17:31:06 EST

> From: Paul Burchard <burchard@horizon.math.utah.edu>
> To: Multiple recipients of list <html-wg@oclc.org>

> It should be mentioned that, despite the lack of an "official" set
of

> relationship values, there's long been a list of suggested values
at

> http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/MarkUp/Relationships.html

I have tried to keep that up to date with all suggestions which
I have come across (since 1990). An interesting thing is that
the list never seems to blow up and most suggestions for additions
are for things already in it.

This list is refered to both by HTTP WWW-Link: fields and
HTML REL and REV. I feel that it should be a separate spec, as it
is largely orthogonal to the others. But I'm open to be persuaded.
Maybe a snapshot of the list could be included for information as
a non-binding appendix to the HTML spec.

Tim