Re: Stockholm Agenda?

Ronald E. Daniel (rdaniel@acl.lanl.gov)
Thu, 6 Jul 95 18:28:24 EDT

On Jul 6, 6:09pm, Daniel W. Connolly wrote:

> I suspect that implementors don't value "HTML 2.1 compliance" as much
> as they value satisfying the market demand for tables and moving on
> to other things besides file upload.
>
> I think there is a real need for file upload, but the way to get it
> deployed is for the market to let the implementors know, and not for
> the standards bearers to twist arms.

Dan is, of course, correct in gently chiding me about my desire to
misuse the HTML-WG in an obvious attempt to twist the arms of the
browser writers. I apologize, I have just been deeply frustrated
since repeated attempts to contact the developers of the standard
browser at LANL have been ignored.

Apologies once again,

--
Ron Daniel Jr.                email: rdaniel@acl.lanl.gov
Advanced Computing Lab        voice: (505) 665-0597