Re: SUMMARY: Running X/Mosaic from behind a firewall

Dave Crocker <dcrocker@mordor.stanford.edu>
To: Marc VanHeyningen <mvanheyn@cs.indiana.edu>
Cc: www-talk@nxoc01.cern.ch
Subject: Re: SUMMARY: Running X/Mosaic from behind a firewall
Phone: +1 408 246 8253; fax: +1 408 249 6205
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 93 13:49:51 -0700
From: Dave Crocker <dcrocker@mordor.stanford.edu>
Stylistic note:

    ---- Included message:

    I proposed something like this a while back, with Content-Types of
    "message/http-request" and "message/http-response".  I probably still
    have the proposal someplace if people are interested.

Probably should try to define only application/http and use the parm
parameter to distinguish request from response.

There is an emerging preference to have the content sub-type have
as large a scope as possible.

However, it occurs to me that the response might be a ... MIME
object.  This suggests that you might really want to have the core
type be multipart/http!

mumble.

d/