ISMAP coordinate tool

Jim Davis <davis@dri.cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1993 16:34:23 -0400
From: Jim Davis <davis@dri.cornell.edu>
To: www-talk@nxoc01.cern.ch
Subject: ISMAP coordinate tool
Has anyone yet built a tool to facilitate creating the sets of
rectangle definitions needed for an ISMAP image?  I have one
about 1/3 finished, but suddenly was struck by the thought that
someone ELSE may already have one working.  In an unusual attack
of conscience I decided to ask the net instead of just hacking
away anyway.  Sooooo  has anyone written such a thing yet?

And if not, what would be a reasonable output format?  I've
seen the format in HTTP://pulua/hcc.hawaii.edu/files/mapd.html

Is everyone using their format for ISMAP, or are other formats
also in use?  (e.g. in the floorplan demo at
insti.physics.sunysb.edu/floorplan.html or the active room
at http://utis179.cs.utwente.nl:8001/esperanto/hyperkursus/oficej.html

(I can't find the "fish picture" anymore.  What does it use?)