Future of meta-indices: site indexing proposal and Perl script

lenst@lysator.liu.se
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 1994 22:28:37 --100
Sender: www-talk@www0.cern.ch
From: lenst@lysator.liu.se
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: Future of meta-indices: site indexing proposal and Perl script

rst@ai.mit.edu (Robert S. Thau) wrote:

>         value="metaindex, resource discovery, DTD syntax">
>
>(The last one might be cleaner as <meta purpose="header" purpose="index"...>;
>I did it as a single CDATA string assumed to contain a comma-separated list
>of purposes simply to make it easier to type in manually).

I assume it should still be SGML.  Then neither of the two syntaxes is
any good.  The second isn't even valid SGML.  A better way would be to
declare PURPOSE as NAMES.  Then it can be a list of names.  Attribute
value lists in SGML are written without comma, only white-space
separate the list items.

Lennart Staflin  <lenst@lysator.liu.se>
You are in a twisty little maze of URLs, all alluring.