Re: heretical suggestion

bajan@bunyip.com (Alan Emtage)
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 1994 11:02:19 --100
Sender: www-talk@www0.cern.ch
From: bajan@bunyip.com (Alan Emtage)
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: Re: heretical suggestion
Hi Marc,

> How about we take the state of the art of HTML plus forms as currently
> supported in Mosaic for X 2.2 -- and either fully supported or getting
> pretty damn close to being fully supported in a number of other
> browsers -- and issue an informational RFC within the next month or
> two, including a working & complete DTD.

I think that's a great idea. You can either send it to the RFC editor
directly or you can run it through the IETF under a group like IIIR.
Either way since you're documenting current practice this would not go
through the standards process so no changes would be needed (other than
possible suggestions for readability etc etc).

--
-Alan

Alan Emtage,				"The Left in Canada is more gauche
Bunyip Information Systems,		 than sinister"
Montreal, CANADA			 -The Economist

bajan@bunyip.com
Voice: +1 (514) 875-8611		Fax: +1 (514) 875-8134