A Truly Heretical Suggestion

marca@eit.COM (Marc Andreessen)
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 1994 10:56:53 --100
Sender: www-talk@www0.cern.ch
From: marca@eit.COM (Marc Andreessen)
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: A Truly Heretical Suggestion
John C. Mallery writes:
> Any chance of cleaning up the way form processing works before
> casting it in stone?

I suggest taking John's suggestions into close account when we design
the next generation of forms, but I think we should freeze where we're
at now, now, because it's a workable and stable point of convergence
for a large number of currently active clients and servers.

What we've done already is rudimentary in some senses, but it's more
powerful than anything else on the net, it's been proven to work in
the real world for real applications, and it's currently getting a lot
of use.

Cheers,
Marc