www-standards?

wpk@server.bonnell.com
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 1994 21:09:08 +0200
Sender: www-talk@www0.cern.ch
From: wpk@server.bonnell.com
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: www-standards?
Hi,

I don't want to interrupt what I consider to be a very interesting technical
discussion for very long, but I must say that as a developer and an owner
of a small software business that has been active in the software
standards arena, (ANSI, POSIX and X/OPEN), you folks appear to be getting
very close to attracting some attention from the standards community.
My personal view is that the involvement of standards organizations in this
activity might bring some value but that value might have a price.
There is certainly a trade-off here and I, for one, am not sure at what point
in the formative cycle of a world-altering technology such as the web that the
value of standards activity can be maximized and the cost minimized.
I suspect that now is not the right time.

William King
Mount Bonnell Inc.
wpk@bonnell.com
512-478-1122