Re: Concerns about HTML+ complexity

fox@pt0204.pto.ford.com (Ken Fox)
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 1994 17:31:28 +0200
Sender: www-talk@www0.cern.ch
From: fox@pt0204.pto.ford.com (Ken Fox)
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: Re: Concerns about HTML+ complexity

Brian Behlendorf writes:

> > As food for thought, let me throw this in:  if I could tell the art people
> > here that they could Quark Xpress files seamlessly into HTML files (sans
> > hyperlinking of course) because everyone out there has a free plug-in

To which Dan Hinckley responded:

> I'd appreciate some ideas on how you think this might be implemented.

That's what this whole thread is about!  If you've missed some of the
postings, I will gladly forward them to you.  In a nutshell, I've been
arguing for (with very little opposition but some misunderstanding :-) a
distributed/modular HTML+ specification that focuses on spatial (coarse page
layout) and inter-document (hyperlink) relationships leaving the rendering
to external specifications and modules.  Of course, the HTML+ specification
would probably include several rendering/presentation specifications in it,
possibly in an apendix.

Hope this helps.

- Ken

--
Ken Fox, fox@pt0204.pto.ford.com, (313)59-44794
Ford Motor Company, Powertrain    | "Is this some sort of trick question