Re: Pointer: The Superhighway Steamroller

miked@CERF.NET (Michael A. Dolan)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 16:16:05 +0200
Sender: www-talk@www0.cern.ch
From: miked@CERF.NET (Michael A. Dolan)
To: Multiple recipients of list <www-talk@www0.cern.ch>
Subject: Re: Pointer: The Superhighway Steamroller
At 07:26 PM 6/26/94 +0800, Mary Morris wrote:

>> >The article is copyrighted and reposting is explicitly forbidden, but I can
>> >refer to it:

>Actually surprizingly enough, the line above does access the
>posting directly. I don't understand how newsgroup name semantics
>maps to GUTNBERG, but it does.

Perhaps from your news feed.  Mine does not have this article.  News
articles are organized by group, but stored by message_id (which is what
the above is - GUTNBERG is part of the message_id syntax, not a group).
If one's news feed has the article, the above works fine (until the article
falls off the nntpd FIFO).

Since Mr. Spero's posting to www, I obviously do not need the article,
however I was also trying to make a point about URI syntax.  I occasionally
argue that hostnames should be permitted, which currently they are not.

        Mike
Michael A. Dolan - miked@cerfnet.com
TerraByte Technology (619) 445-9070